Monday, January 3, 2011

New Again

Happy New Year to all of you out there!  I am thrilled to welcome 2011 with a wealth of inspiration and excitement for what I believe will be quite the productive and fruitful year.  I am starting out with a move to a new house and am still threatening to compile the list of my Top 10 Albums of 2010 once I'm settled in and have a few more minutes to do so.  One of the concerts I played last August was just published on FolkYeah's list of their 10 favorite shows that they put on in 2010;  hugely honored to have been a part of that as it was definitely one of my favorite shows of the year as well!  It also inspired me to compile my own list of memorable shows from 2010;  it only took a few minutes as opposed to the couple of hours I know I'll need to sort through my favorite album selections.  So without further ado....

Lauren's Favorite Shows of 2010:


1. Chautauqua Park Auditorium- Boulder, CO with Shawn Colvin


2. Sheldon Concert Hall- St. Louis, MO with Shawn Colvin 


3.  City Winery- New York, NY with Shawn Colvin


4.  Buskirk-Chumley Theater- Bloomington, IN with Shawn Colvin


5. Don Quixote's- Felton, CA with Peggy Young Band and Bert Jansch


6.  S.P.A.C.E.- Evanston, IL with Brendan James


7.  S.P.A.C.E.- Evanston, IL & The Englert Theater- Iowa City, IA with Michelle Shocked's Roadworks Tour


8.  Hotel Café- Los Angeles, CA with The Webb Sisters


9.  Northwest Seattle Folklife Festival


10.  The Grafton- Chicago, IL with The Pickin' Bubs


Thanks to everyone who came to, put on, or was involved in any way with these shows as well as all the others that I got to play in 2010.  It was a lovely, memorable year and I feel lucky to look back with such fondness and gratitude!   


Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2011,
LS





No comments:

Post a Comment